Policy and procedures for complaints.
Three Towns Growers, Elm Park Community Gardens & Allotments, Park View, KA22 7BJ.
Three Towns Growers aim to provide its members, organisations and individuals with the best possible service.
We positively welcome suggestions you may have for how we can improve our service. Usually, a word with the person at the point of service delivery will suffice. However, we recognise that from time to time, there may be occasions when users of our services feel the quality or level of service provided fall short of what they could reasonably expect.
We also want to know about these occasions so that we can make good the problem and plan to avoid repetition.
If you have a complaint, we would like you to tell us about it.
This is what you should do:
- If you have a complaint to make, it should be made to a member of the Trustee Board, who will try to resolve the issue informally.
- If the issue is serious, or you are not satisfied after raising with the Board Member, you should make a formal complaint.
- Your complaint should be made in writing, marked “Private and Confidential” and sent to the Membership Secretary who will acknowledge it in writing (normally within 7 days of receipt). Remember to keep a copy of your letter. If you need an interpreter or advocate to help you make your complaint, Three Towns Growers can arrange this for you.
- The Membership Secretary shall, in consultation with the Chair of the Trustee Board, investigate the complaint.
- The Membership Secretary shall communicate the results of the investigation to you within a reasonable time. (normally 21 days)
- You have the right, if dissatisfied with the results of the enquiry, to put your case in writing or personally to a panel compromising at least three members from the Three Towns Growers Trustee Board. If attending personally, you have the right to be accompanied by a friend or advocate to help put your case. (The panel also has the right to have an advisor present).
- The decision of the panel will be final.
- Where appropriate, the Three Towns Growers, will make a written apology to the complainant, and agree any further action necessary to make good the cause of the complaint.
- All formal complaints and the response made to them will be recorded and filed in a secure place.
- The Trustee Board shall be informed by the Membership Secretary at the first available meeting of the number and nature of any formal complaints and their outcome. Consideration will be given to the implications these have for the planning and management of future services annually, as part of Three Towns Growers self-evaluation.
If a complaint relates to the Secretary, read “Chair for “Membership Secretary”.